Reset Thirty-Eight, Day Twelve
Wednesday brought a bizarre event to Oroville, the smaller and grittier neighbor of the mini-metropolis. Around half past seven in the evening, a berserk fellow shot up a Greyhound bus, killing one person and wounding four others. The shooter fled the scene before police arrived, but was spotted a short time later at a nearby Walmart store, where he got into an altercation with a customer and was arrested without any additional shootings. The weirdest thing is that at some point he stripped himself naked, and that's how he was when arrested. There's no word on whether the shooter had been a passenger on the bus or not, but the event appears to have begun with an argument on the bus. I swear things are getting weirder every day.
Before that, the day was pretty much like they have all been lately, meaning nothing to write home about, for those who have homes. It was too warm for February but not warm enough to have the windows open for fresh air, and I was a couple of hours short on sleep. Dinner was a sandwich and potato chips, with a few dill pickle spears for a vegetable. There was beer, of course, though I'm running dangerously low on that.
There are undoubtedly other things I could write about, but my brain is fried right now. Ooh, I ought not to have said fried. It's made me crave some cheesy fried potatoes, and I don't feel like fixing any. They would demand another beer, anyway, and I don't want to diminish my supply. I'll have to acquire some soon. For now I think I'll settle for some cookies and bedtime cocoa. That requires almost no thinking.
Before that, the day was pretty much like they have all been lately, meaning nothing to write home about, for those who have homes. It was too warm for February but not warm enough to have the windows open for fresh air, and I was a couple of hours short on sleep. Dinner was a sandwich and potato chips, with a few dill pickle spears for a vegetable. There was beer, of course, though I'm running dangerously low on that.
There are undoubtedly other things I could write about, but my brain is fried right now. Ooh, I ought not to have said fried. It's made me crave some cheesy fried potatoes, and I don't feel like fixing any. They would demand another beer, anyway, and I don't want to diminish my supply. I'll have to acquire some soon. For now I think I'll settle for some cookies and bedtime cocoa. That requires almost no thinking.