Day Out

The banking is done, with luck until March, or at least February, and the larder is somewhat replenished. Of course the store didn't have everything on my list, but I spent more than I intended anyway since I found a few items on sale and decided to stock up. Some of them (cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon) were still pricey even on sale, but now I won't have to think about them for quite a while, and in any case they probably won't be getting cheaper anytime soon.

Last night I had one of those rare dreams I actually remembered parts of, and it was disturbing. I was visiting the neighborhood where we lived until I was six years old, a neighborhood which in reality has not changed much since then, other than to deteriorate farther, but in the dream much of it had been demolished, including my old house. It looked like Detroit, or Toledo. I remember walking through the dream neighborhood looking for something familiar and not finding it, and then being followed by three sinister looking characters who pissed me off more than frightened me. I think I blamed them for what had happened to the place. In anther part of the dream I was trying to make a bed with sheets that were hard and crinkly and dirty. Maybe my subconscious is not pleased with my housekeeping.

The mild day was quite pleasant, though the traffic was heavy and the stores fairly busy. Apparently people are not letting a virus interfere with their Christmas shopping this year. (Santa is going to be a super-spreader. I recommend a fire in the fireplace Christmas eve.) But going out, even on pleasant days, is exhausting for me anymore, and I'm short of sleep. Only being a bit wired from the excitement has kept me awake so far tonight, and I'm very close to crashing now. It's been long enough since dinner.