rejectomorph (flying_blind) wrote,
rejectomorph
flying_blind

Nod

Again with the split shift sleeping! It really messes up the day, and I just don't get anything done. That's probably because it takes me about two hours to fully wake up, and if I have to do that twice in one day that's an awful lot of time stumbling around in a fog. If only I could turn my brain fog into a real fog. Then I wouldn't mind so much.

The wind that I expected last night never got very strong. The weather service had a wind advisory in effect for the area until four o'clock this afternoon, but today wasn't even as breezy as yesterday. The failure of the prediction is distressing because they are predicting a 60% chance of rain on Friday, and a 40% chance on Saturday. Their poor track record this year does not bode well for that storm. I'd really like to have that rain because the rose bushes are on the verge of needing water and I don't want to irrigate more than I absolutely must.

Rare foray into political news: Jon Stewart just said that Greece was supposed to submit to the International Monetary Fund today a list of economic reforms their government will put in place. My guess is they haven't written the list, but will offer the excuse that Cerberus ate it. If I were the IMF I'd be inclined to cut them some slack and pretend to believe them, if only because the Germans have been such dicks about the whole situation for so many years. Stupid Krauts. I'm glad my ancestors left that place.
Subscribe

  • Reset Sixteen, Day Forty-Six

    The rain had not begun when I went to bed early Friday morning, but when I woke up that afternoon it was doming down quite nicely. It only continued…

  • Reset Sixteen, Day Forty-Five

    The jet stream is shifting, making a big bend southward down the west coast, so it is increasingly likely that late January and early February could…

  • Reset Sixteen, Day Forty-Four

    Wednesday was pretty much what I expected, being a bit cooler and occasionally cloudy, but dry. The weirdest thing was that there were seven fires…

  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 2 comments