rejectomorph (flying_blind) wrote,


The wind came up last night and took hundreds of leaves off of the oak tree in the back yard. With those that had already fallen, the lawn was almost buried, so I decided to do some raking. The actual raking didn't last long. After no more than a couple of minutes, I was just using the rake to push big piles of leaves into even bigger piles.

I ended up with a mound about four feet across and twenty feet long, with peaks almost two feet high. I could have made two more such piles in the parts of the yard I didn't get around to raking. The oak has plenty more leaves to drop, and the walnut tree has barely begun to shed its cloak. The brown wheelie bins are going to be getting a lot of use over the next few weeks.

Now that the nights are chilly, Portia has returned to sleeping indoors. She had gotten into the habit of staying out most of the night. She was also using the outdoors as her litter box, but now I'm going to have to clean her indoor box more often. There's going to be more cat hair to clean up, too. Even though she shed less in cold weather, she does more of the shedding in the house. Right now she's napping on my pillow. The whisk broom is handy.

  • Reset Nineteen, Day Sixteen

    Thursday bore some resemblance to normal, in so far as normal exists anymore. I got to sleep not long after five in the morning and woke up a bit…

  • Reset Nineteen, Day Fifteen

    Wednesday went quite pear-shaped. After waking up about five o'clock in the morning, I muddled through the morning and then hit a wall around half…

  • Reset Nineteen, Day Fourteen

    A nap started around ten o'clock Tuesday evening turned into almost a full night's sleep, and I got up not long after five o'clock this morning.…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.