Anyway, with several inches of wet snow on the roof (fewer than the ten or so inches on the ground, though, as the roof, being warmer than the ground, had managed to melt a larger percentage of what had fallen earlier), I hear the house creak ominously now and then. I've decided that I don't want it to cave in. I don't think it's entirely my decision, though, as neither I nor anybody else in the house is capable of getting up there to shovel the weight off. I suppose if the snow continues much longer that nephews will have to be summoned or, if they are unavailable, other enterprising folk will have to be hired to do snow removal. For cash. Drat.
Last night the gray kitty slept on the back porch again, for the first time since the beginning of the year. I wonder of his owners have gone away for the weekend and left him to fend for himself? If so, they picked a fine time to leave a poor cat outside. If they've gone on a ski weekend, the only thing that would prevent me from wishing an avalanche on them is the fact that then the cat would probably be utterly homeless, and I'm in no position to adopt him. After all, my house is about to collapse.
Electricities, don't fail me now!